We are looking for high-performing Civil Project Site Engineers who can manage and tender to projects.
Your appointment and responsibilities for the above position will be:
– Managing and tendering projects, which will include but not limited to;
– Project Quality control, cost control, monthly claims, work in progress monitoring against tendered price, profitability, work in progress reports to the project directors including the financial performance of projects
– Project management document setup including CQP, QA, HSM, EMS, Site Documentation etc.
– Assisting with project tendering if needed
Manage the construction work associated with the following, as required:
1. Civil Infrastructure Works
2. Drainage, Kerb and Channel, Footpath works
3. Special Civil Projects
4. Road Rehabilitation and Maintenance Works
5. Road Structures Works
Conduct the following tasks, but however should not be limited to these tasks alone:
• Ability to achieve targets as per specification and within the budgeted time frame to avoid cost overrun.
• Ability to motivate site crew to ensure project specifications are met within the budgeted time frame and cost.
• Ensure cost control of labour, material and plant and equipment to meet budgeted project targets.
• Ensure project is completed as per specification and within the budgeted time frame.
• Ensure representation of client interest.
• Provide independent professional advice.
• Liaising with other professionals involved in the project.
• Accuracy is crucial in order to avoid re-work. You would be liable for rectification of works if it is due to proven negligence on your part.
• Ensuring the quality and Health and Safety standards are adhered to.
• Environmental and other compliance issues are maintained throughout the construction phase
• Maintaining records of project expenditure in terms of materials/labour and other costs relating to the project.
• Provide monthly, breakdown of management hours against projects and plant and equipment usage.
• Report to company directors periodically with feedback on project progress in terms of quality, profitability, work in progress reports and financial performance of project.
Knowledge, and Skills:
To succeed in this job the individual must be able carry out all the above duties satisfactorily and have the following:
• Relevant tertiary qualified – civil (NZCE, BE, Diploma etc)
• Experience working on a variety of local projects, solid understanding of NZ standards and best practice.
• Strong knowledge of H&S and QA.
• Excellent communication skills. Strong organisational and communication skills
• Strong relevant software skills (Word, Excel etc)
• The ability to plan your work and execute it autonomously
• have strong management skills; enjoy developing working relationships with clients, developers, services providers, and local and regional authorities;
The individual will be expected to have a good standard of fitness to enable them to carry out all of the duties above.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
Competitive pay rates